- H. Johnston and A. Whitehead, “Pose Presentation for a Dance-Based Massively Multiplayer Online Exergame“, Entertainment Computing, Volume 2, Issue 2, 2011, Pages 89-96.
- A. Whitehead, H. Johnston, K. Fox, N. Crampton, and J. Tuen, “Homogeneous Accelerometer-Based Sensor Networks for Game Interaction”, ACM Computers in Entertainment, 2010.
- A. Whitehead, H. Johnston, N. Nixon, and J. Welch, “Exergame Effectiveness: What the Numbers Can Tell Us”, ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Video Games. Los Angeles, USA, 2010.
- H. Johnston and A. Whitehead. “Distinguishing Games, Serious Games, and Training Simulators on the Basis of Intent”. ACM Futureplay at GDC Canada. Vancouver, Canada, 2009.
- R. Khaled, P. Barr, H. Johnston, and R. Biddle (2009). “Let's Clean Up This Mess: Exploring Multi-Touch Collaborative Play”. ACM SIGCHI Work-in-Progress. Boston, USA, 2009.
- A. Whitehead, N. Crampton, K. Fox, and H. Johnston. “Sensor Networks as Video Game Input Devices”. ACM FuturePlay. Toronto, Canada, 2007.
- A. Whitehead, N. Crampton, K. Fox, and H. Johnston. “Dance, Dance Evolution: Accelerometer Sensor Networks as Input to Video Games” in HAVE - IEEE International Workshop on Haptic Audio Visual Environments and their Applications Ottawa, Canada, 2007.
- E3 Expo - Sensor Network for Active Play (SNAP) Demo Video, June 2-4, 2009
- Go Eng Girl - Sensor Network for Active Play (SNAP) Demo, October 18, 2008
- Explore Design - Sensor Network for Active Play (SNAP) Demo, October 1-2, 2008
- ACM SIGGRAPH SpaceTime Exhibit - EmoCapsule Interactive Art Installation, August 11-15, 2008
- ACM SIGGRAPH Sandbox Video Game Symposium - Sensor Network for Active Play (SNAP) Demo, August 10, 2008.
- ACM FuturePlay Conference - Sensor Network for Active Play (SNAP) Demo, November 17, 2007
- SNAP to it! Ingenious (Carleton University Newsletter, Faculty of Engineering and Design), Jan 13, 2010
- Carleton team's video game creation to put an end to Wii 'cheats' Ottawa Citizen, May 28, 2009
- Carleton gaming system chosen for World’s most prestitious gaming exhibition Carleton University News, May 24, 2009
- Playing video games to keep fit? Dal News, April, 2009
- Design Student of the Month Microsoft UX
Connection, July, 2008
programs that make you sweat Globe and Mail, January 21, 2008